While nuts are rich in nutrients and do feature healthy kinds of fat and a high fiber content, they are still a very dense food calorically speaking. This means that you don’t want to be eating them handful after handful like potato chips. One of the simplest ways to avoid this temptation is to eat them from the shell. Consider having a decorative bowl, complete with a set or two of nutcrackers, right out there on your coffee table or countertop. Then, as you’re hangin’ out with friends or watching the tube, you can slowly enjoy all of your favorite nuts. And with the extra time it takes to crack them open and dig them out of their shell, you’ll eat them slower and chew them more thoroughly (which will aid in optimal assimilation) plus, you’ll wind up eating less overall. Also, you can usually save a few bucks when you buy them unshelled from the market.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- Passing through Philly, en route to Myrtle Beach, for a show with Mark Slaughter tomorrow: July… instagram.com/p/BWlMNYjhhKo/ 1 month ago
- Birthday wishes to Ms. Mary Thompson, one of the greatest teachers to ever walk the earth. In case you missed it... fb.me/vNxZxG8U 1 month ago
- Landing in Norway. Will be thrashing it here with Lita Ford and company this weekend... July 8 - Midnattsrocken... fb.me/91xuCliKj 1 month ago
- Back to Europe this week with Lita Ford and the gang. Headed north... way north! July 8 - Midnattsrocken -... fb.me/AdSN1GrY 1 month ago
- Ran across this special gem at soundcheck today, courtesy of our backline company out of Memphis. A Sabian... fb.me/7ULqoA6kX 1 month ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets