While nuts are rich in nutrients and do feature healthy kinds of fat and a high fiber content, they are still a very dense food calorically speaking. This means that you don’t want to be eating them handful after handful like potato chips. One of the simplest ways to avoid this temptation is to eat them from the shell. Consider having a decorative bowl, complete with a set or two of nutcrackers, right out there on your coffee table or countertop. Then, as you’re hangin’ out with friends or watching the tube, you can slowly enjoy all of your favorite nuts. And with the extra time it takes to crack them open and dig them out of their shell, you’ll eat them slower and chew them more thoroughly (which will aid in optimal assimilation) plus, you’ll wind up eating less overall. Also, you can usually save a few bucks when you buy them unshelled from the market.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- Look who Mark Slaughter and I ran into at the hotel restaurant tonight: One Mr. Dana Strum! Over three decades... fb.me/5GMbYon3z 9 hours ago
- Landing in the Apple for a hit with Mark Slaughter tomorrow night in Jersey. (Back with Lita Ford on Saturday):... fb.me/8CeopCu73 18 hours ago
- Something a little different... jammin' on a Roland kit! fb.me/sEGYxryf 21 hours ago
- fb.me/8J74ASjUb 1 day ago
- Morning run in the Tennessee countryside. Clean air like a motherfucker! fb.me/VEUILs71 1 day ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets