While nuts are rich in nutrients and do feature healthy kinds of fat and a high fiber content, they are still a very dense food calorically speaking. This means that you don’t want to be eating them handful after handful like potato chips. One of the simplest ways to avoid this temptation is to eat them from the shell. Consider having a decorative bowl, complete with a set or two of nutcrackers, right out there on your coffee table or countertop. Then, as you’re hangin’ out with friends or watching the tube, you can slowly enjoy all of your favorite nuts. And with the extra time it takes to crack them open and dig them out of their shell, you’ll eat them slower and chew them more thoroughly (which will aid in optimal assimilation) plus, you’ll wind up eating less overall. Also, you can usually save a few bucks when you buy them unshelled from the market.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- Beautiful late night run in Helsinki! I love it here. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone… (You can see… instagram.com/p/Bb3SiCBBNbc/ 12 hours ago
- "Dear Heathrow Airport: Where can I find some cranberry sauce up in this motherfucker?" Oh… instagram.com/p/Bb2JQKQB33h/ 23 hours ago
- Helsinki-bound tomorrow for the Kiss Expo this weekend with the gang at KISS ARMY Finland. Photo by Mariana Tosca… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Hangin' with my bro, Jackson Galaxy, at the last stop of his book tour, in LA tonight. Had the pleasure of working… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Drummer's perspective during the solo last night at the Mohegan Sun (with @litaford.) Great to… instagram.com/p/BbsLYxhhWea/ 4 days ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets