While nuts are rich in nutrients and do feature healthy kinds of fat and a high fiber content, they are still a very dense food calorically speaking. This means that you don’t want to be eating them handful after handful like potato chips. One of the simplest ways to avoid this temptation is to eat them from the shell. Consider having a decorative bowl, complete with a set or two of nutcrackers, right out there on your coffee table or countertop. Then, as you’re hangin’ out with friends or watching the tube, you can slowly enjoy all of your favorite nuts. And with the extra time it takes to crack them open and dig them out of their shell, you’ll eat them slower and chew them more thoroughly (which will aid in optimal assimilation) plus, you’ll wind up eating less overall. Also, you can usually save a few bucks when you buy them unshelled from the market.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- Yesterday's training adventure in Mescalero, NM. Killer running trails near the hotel, plus a… instagram.com/p/BR2iMcHhdfY/ 1 month ago
- Had a chance to connect with my old drum tech and long-time friend, Newly, last night in New Mexico. Man, me and... fb.me/7zmpazp7h 1 month ago
- Took this shot of the audience during the drum solo tonight. Kick-ass crowd here in Mescalero, New Mexico!... fb.me/204nWr4wi 1 month ago
- Drummer's perspective at soundcheck today in New Mexico. Gettin' ready to pound it out tonight with Lita Ford:... fb.me/4BklPr4jK 1 month ago
- A shot from the show in Bucharest, Romania the other night. Good times. Next up, hittin' with Lita Ford and co.... fb.me/3OBb2WPSQ 1 month ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets