While nuts are rich in nutrients and do feature healthy kinds of fat and a high fiber content, they are still a very dense food calorically speaking. This means that you don’t want to be eating them handful after handful like potato chips. One of the simplest ways to avoid this temptation is to eat them from the shell. Consider having a decorative bowl, complete with a set or two of nutcrackers, right out there on your coffee table or countertop. Then, as you’re hangin’ out with friends or watching the tube, you can slowly enjoy all of your favorite nuts. And with the extra time it takes to crack them open and dig them out of their shell, you’ll eat them slower and chew them more thoroughly (which will aid in optimal assimilation) plus, you’ll wind up eating less overall. Also, you can usually save a few bucks when you buy them unshelled from the market.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- End of show salutations in Spokane the other night. Killer crowd!!! https://t.co/FAjsqCfi2g 3 days ago
- From soundcheck today… gettin’ ready to thrash that shit tonight with Lita Ford here in Tacoma. (Foreigner also on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Today, I celebrate 45 years of sobriety.@Yes, it’s been a minute. And yet, for me, complete abstinence has been the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Soundcheck view today. Back at the Nugget with Lita Ford tonight! Sin City, let’s rock it… @ Golden Nugget Las Vegas instagram.com/p/CTYaf3LjQoQ/… 2 weeks ago
- Nice to revisit my Michelangelo obsession yesterday in LA… https://t.co/JUBuejMQmw 3 weeks ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets