While nuts are rich in nutrients and do feature healthy kinds of fat and a high fiber content, they are still a very dense food calorically speaking. This means that you don’t want to be eating them handful after handful like potato chips. One of the simplest ways to avoid this temptation is to eat them from the shell. Consider having a decorative bowl, complete with a set or two of nutcrackers, right out there on your coffee table or countertop. Then, as you’re hangin’ out with friends or watching the tube, you can slowly enjoy all of your favorite nuts. And with the extra time it takes to crack them open and dig them out of their shell, you’ll eat them slower and chew them more thoroughly (which will aid in optimal assimilation) plus, you’ll wind up eating less overall. Also, you can usually save a few bucks when you buy them unshelled from the market.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- My latest book is coming along nicely! We are still looking at a May 15 release, with an… instagram.com/p/BgcR-02A6Nf/ 5 days ago
- Good times in northern Cali last night at the @litaford show. Caught up with my man, Steven… instagram.com/p/BgY-LqKgfxj/ 6 days ago
- Will be hittin' with @litaford tomorrow night in Northern CA. Should be kickin'... March 15 -… instagram.com/p/BgU-jtUg717/ 1 week ago
- Drummer's perspective this weekend: Great crowd at the historic Surf Ballroom with Slaughter on… instagram.com/p/BgOiUnUgeKM/ 1 week ago
- Gettin' ready to hit the stage with these guys here in Surf City. Just like old times... With… instagram.com/p/BgKr5DKg6QI/ 1 week ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets