Organic produce is that which has been grown without the usual toxic fertilizers or pesticides that are used on all conventionally grown produce. Besides the obvious health advantage of not ingesting all of those toxins, organic produce is uniformly more nutrient dense. One reason has to do with how these fruits and veggies cope with the natural elements without the “aid” of pesticides. Organic produce tends to contain heightened amounts of various phytochemicals and antioxidants as a defense mechanism against the additional environmental stress to which it is subjected (like insects, etc.). These supercharged phytonutrient profiles are passed along to those who consume organic produce and, likewise, they can serve as a defense mechanism against our various stresses. So go organic when possible.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- Hittin' the weights late-night in Watertown, SD, after the @litaford set this evening. Special shoutout to my man,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Drummer's perspective at soundcheck today. Basically, a big-ass open lot. Should be killer tonight! w/@litaford… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Will be throwin' that shit down with @litaford and co tomorrow night, right here in beautiful South Dakota: June 2… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Missing the old man today. He was something else. Here’s a piece I wrote about him shortly after his passing four y… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Thanks for all the killer feedback, everyone! And for those who’ve been asking, “The Boy” is now available in Kindl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets