Organic produce is that which has been grown without the usual toxic fertilizers or pesticides that are used on all conventionally grown produce. Besides the obvious health advantage of not ingesting all of those toxins, organic produce is uniformly more nutrient dense. One reason has to do with how these fruits and veggies cope with the natural elements without the “aid” of pesticides. Organic produce tends to contain heightened amounts of various phytochemicals and antioxidants as a defense mechanism against the additional environmental stress to which it is subjected (like insects, etc.). These supercharged phytonutrient profiles are passed along to those who consume organic produce and, likewise, they can serve as a defense mechanism against our various stresses. So go organic when possible.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- Look who Mark Slaughter and I ran into at the hotel restaurant tonight: One Mr. Dana Strum! Over three decades... fb.me/5GMbYon3z 9 hours ago
- Landing in the Apple for a hit with Mark Slaughter tomorrow night in Jersey. (Back with Lita Ford on Saturday):... fb.me/8CeopCu73 18 hours ago
- Something a little different... jammin' on a Roland kit! fb.me/sEGYxryf 21 hours ago
- fb.me/8J74ASjUb 1 day ago
- Morning run in the Tennessee countryside. Clean air like a motherfucker! fb.me/VEUILs71 1 day ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets