Organic produce is that which has been grown without the usual toxic fertilizers or pesticides that are used on all conventionally grown produce. Besides the obvious health advantage of not ingesting all of those toxins, organic produce is uniformly more nutrient dense. One reason has to do with how these fruits and veggies cope with the natural elements without the “aid” of pesticides. Organic produce tends to contain heightened amounts of various phytochemicals and antioxidants as a defense mechanism against the additional environmental stress to which it is subjected (like insects, etc.). These supercharged phytonutrient profiles are passed along to those who consume organic produce and, likewise, they can serve as a defense mechanism against our various stresses. So go organic when possible.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- Sure, it's more expensive to eat a vegan diet… if you do your shopping at an airport! Southwest… instagram.com/p/BaVRK0KBt4-/ 14 hours ago
- Rainy soundcheck and kick-ass gig shot, drummer's perspective, from yesterday's hit in Cape Coral, Fl., with Lita F… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- En route to soundcheck today for a hit with @litaford and co. tonight (with @marty_obrien, Ms.… instagram.com/p/BaPbIQ4BHu0/ 2 days ago
- Back in Florida with Lita Ford and the gang, hittin' tomorrow night: Oct 14 - Cape Bike Night - Cape Coral, FL https://t.co/LTgItMiqd3 3 days ago
- A #TBT old school special: Me and Peter Criss, "Somewhere in Time," during the Iron Maiden/Vinnie Vincent Invasion… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets