Organic produce is that which has been grown without the usual toxic fertilizers or pesticides that are used on all conventionally grown produce. Besides the obvious health advantage of not ingesting all of those toxins, organic produce is uniformly more nutrient dense. One reason has to do with how these fruits and veggies cope with the natural elements without the “aid” of pesticides. Organic produce tends to contain heightened amounts of various phytochemicals and antioxidants as a defense mechanism against the additional environmental stress to which it is subjected (like insects, etc.). These supercharged phytonutrient profiles are passed along to those who consume organic produce and, likewise, they can serve as a defense mechanism against our various stresses. So go organic when possible.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- Happy Birthday, Dr. King! Killer session tonight with my teacher and brother, Sifu Matt Emery.… instagram.com/p/BeAMx7EB5ox/ 1 day ago
- Things got a little warm last night with @litaford at the Weidner Center in Green Bay. Extra… instagram.com/p/Bd7uC2ChnuC/ 3 days ago
- About to throw down with the Lita Ford gang at this killer-ass theater tonight (wFemmes of Rock) Jan 13 - Weidner C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Hittin' the weights late-night here in Green Bay at yet another decent hotel gym. The joy of… instagram.com/p/Bd4pm7jhcVN/ 4 days ago
- Headed to Green Bay with @litaford and co. this weekend: January 13 - Weidner Center - Green Bay, WI w/Femmes of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets