Organic produce is that which has been grown without the usual toxic fertilizers or pesticides that are used on all conventionally grown produce. Besides the obvious health advantage of not ingesting all of those toxins, organic produce is uniformly more nutrient dense. One reason has to do with how these fruits and veggies cope with the natural elements without the “aid” of pesticides. Organic produce tends to contain heightened amounts of various phytochemicals and antioxidants as a defense mechanism against the additional environmental stress to which it is subjected (like insects, etc.). These supercharged phytonutrient profiles are passed along to those who consume organic produce and, likewise, they can serve as a defense mechanism against our various stresses. So go organic when possible.
- Follow Bobby Rock Blog on WordPress.com
- Passing through Philly, en route to Myrtle Beach, for a show with Mark Slaughter tomorrow: July… instagram.com/p/BWlMNYjhhKo/ 1 month ago
- Birthday wishes to Ms. Mary Thompson, one of the greatest teachers to ever walk the earth. In case you missed it... fb.me/vNxZxG8U 1 month ago
- Landing in Norway. Will be thrashing it here with Lita Ford and company this weekend... July 8 - Midnattsrocken... fb.me/91xuCliKj 1 month ago
- Back to Europe this week with Lita Ford and the gang. Headed north... way north! July 8 - Midnattsrocken -... fb.me/AdSN1GrY 1 month ago
- Ran across this special gem at soundcheck today, courtesy of our backline company out of Memphis. A Sabian... fb.me/7ULqoA6kX 1 month ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets